Regardless of whether a student has submitted an assignment or not, allowing a resubmission will open the assignment so that the student can resubmit it up until a deadline specified by the instructor.
To allow students to resubmit their assignments:
- Go into your course site and select the Assignments tool in the blue menubar on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Locate the title of the assignment and click on the Grade link beneath the assignment.
- Locate the name of the students and click on the Grade link beneath the name.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and check the Allow Resubmission check box.
- Specify the number of resubmissions the students is allowed.
- Specify the Accept Until date and time (the last moment the student can resubmit their assignment).
- Click on Save and Release to Student.
- The student will not be able to resubmit their assignment.