Allow students to upload videos to Warpwire
Please see a video demonstration of these steps.
If you’re an instructor in an Isidore course site, you may want to allow students to submit video recordings as part of an assessment. To set up Warpwire to accept student video uploads, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to your Isidore site.
- Click on the Warpwire Video tool in the left-hand menu bar.
- Click on the title of the media library (usually the name of the course site).
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
- On the Settings page, there will be several options.
- Select Yes next to the option Users with access to this library can Add Media to allow students to add media to the library.
- Select Unlisted (only Admins) next to the option Default visibility of media items if you want the videos to ONLY be visible to you within the Warpwire Video tool. If the student then embeds the video within a Forum post, the video will be visible to other students.
- Note: Make sure you set this Visibility setting to "Unlisted" if students are submitting Assignments that only you should see.
- Warpwire is now set up to accept student uploads.
Return to the main Warpwire Video page