Create a Moderated Forum
From eLearning Wiki
To create a moderated forum or topic:
- Navigate to the Forums tool.
- Either click on New Forum or New Topic or click on Forum Settings or Topic Settings to modify an existing forum.
- Under the "Topic Posting" heading, check the box next to Moderate Topic.
How to Moderate Messages
To moderate messages in Forums:
- In your site's menubar, click Forums.
- At the top, click Pending Messages. The number in the parentheses is the number of messages awaiting your attention.
- Check the box next to the message you'd like to moderate, and click Deny or Approve. You'll be returned to the Pending Messages page to continue moderation.
Note: You cannot add a comment from the Pending Messages page if you deny a message. To include a comment, click the subject of the message before denying the message. You'll then have the opportunity to add a comment. If you are expecting attachments and need to read before you approve or deny the message, open the message to read before doing so.
Note: Students will not be able to see messages until you've approved them.
Return to main Forums page