Edit captions for my video
From eLearning Wiki
All videos uploaded for classroom use by a UD instructor will be automatically closed-captioned.
To edit your captions:
- Navigate to Warpwire Video within your course site
- Click on the video to begin playing it
- Click on the CC button in the play bar
- Next to the "English" option, click on the arrow icon.
- Choose the "Caption" option to download.
- It will download a .vtt file to your computer.
- Open up the Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac) software on your computer.
- Click on File -> Open.
- Change the file option it looks for from Txt files to All Files.
- Find the file on your computer and open it.
- Edit the captions as necessary. Do NOT change the timestamps.
- Save the file when you are finished editing.
- Return to the main page of Warpwire.
- Click on the circle with the three dots on the video.
- Click on Settings.
- In the Captions section, click on Add.
- Find and upload the saved caption file from your computer.
- Your edited captions will now be attached to this video.