Grading Forum Postings
Note: Before following these directions you must first create an item in the Gradebook to link the forum posting grades to; for instructions, see Add/Edit/Delete Gradebook Items.
Configure Forum Grading
When creating/editing a forum or topic in the Forums tool ensure that Post to Gradebook is checked for the instructor role and the Gradebook Item is selected under the Set Forum Permissions.
To Grade a Forum Posting:
- In your site's menubar, click Forums.
- Click the title of the desired topic.
- Find and click the individual message to grade, and then click the Grade link at the top of the message. Alternatively, you can click the title of the thread or Display Entire Message, and then, next to an individual message, click the Other Actions menu, and select Grade.
- Use the drop-down list to select the gradebook item to send the grade to.
- Enter a point value for a grade and any comments.
- When you're finished, click Submit Grade. To cancel, click Cancel.
Return to main Forums page