Grading Forum Postings
Setting Up Forums and Topics for Grading
Note: Before following these directions you must first create an item in the Gradebook to link the forum posting grades to; for instructions, see Add/Edit/Delete Gradebook Items. Once a gradebook items has been created, you can modify the forum settings or the topic settings to create a link to the gradebook item.
- Navigate to the Forums tool in your Isidore site.
- Click on either Forum Settings or Topic Settings next to the forum or topic you want linked to the gradebook item.
- Scroll down to the "Grading" section and select the gradebook item you created from the drop-down menu. If the item doesn't yet appear, you may need to refresh the Forums tool and repeat these steps. Scroll down and click on the Save button once you've selected the gradebook item.
To Grade a Forum Post:
- In your site's menubar, click Forums.
- Click the title of the desired topic.
- Find and click the individual message to grade, and then click the Grade link at the top of the message. Alternatively, you can click the title of the thread or Display Entire Message, and then, next to an individual message, click the Other Actions menu, and select Grade.
- Use the drop-down list to select the gradebook item to send the grade to.
- Enter a point value for a grade and any comments.
- When you're finished, click Submit Grade. To cancel, click Cancel.
Return to main Forums page