New To Isidore
Isidore is UD's open-source Learning Management System or LMS that runs on the Sakai platform. Isidore is named after St. Isidore of Seville, the patron saint of students and recommended for patronage of computers and the Internet. The University of Dayton has been using Isidore since the Fall semester in 2008.
Recommended Web Browsers
You can access Isidore by navigating your web browser to http://isidore.udayton.edu.
- If you're a member of the UD community, click on the UD Users button to login. You'll enter your official UD username and password to login.
- If you're a guest user (someone without a UD account), you must select Guest Users login button.
Authenticating with 2FA
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is required for Isidore use. If you need assistance with 2FA, please visit UD's 2FA website for more information.
Accessing Course Sites
Faculty, who wish to use Isidore, must create their own Isidore course sites each semester. Not every faculty member chooses to use Isidore, but a large majority do. View the site creation instructions for instructors.
Students will be granted access to their course sites by 8:00 A.M. on the 1st day of the term, when sites are published. Faculty may choose to make their course sites available earlier. Students lose access to previous semester sites on the first day of the new term, when sites are unpublished, but faculty are able to republish sites as needed.
Once students officially register for a class or drop a class, their Isidore registrations should be updated within 1-2 business days. Instructors may add students to their sites if students need immediate access.
Using the Text Editor
The text editor inside of Isidore is known as the CK Editor. The CK Editor contains many different functions that students and faculty can use to format text and embed images and multimedia. Learn more about the CK Editor
Within Isidore, you can click on the tool heading near the top of the page to reset the tool or to take you back to the tool's home page.
Using the Help Links
Instructors can receive Isidore training via an online website, large group training sessions, or individualized training consultation.
- Online Isidore Help Documentation and Videos are located at: http://ewiki.udayton.edu.
- One-on-one training consultations can be scheduled by contact the Office of E-Learning via email@example.com or (937) 229-5039.
- Check out our new training platform at: http://learn.udayton.edu.
Return to the main Isidore page