The Accessibility Checker allows you to inspect your content for common accessibility issues, such as missing headers or alt text. It suggests recommended fixes that you can either apply or ignore.
To run the accessibility checker in Isidore:
- Navigate to where you've typed some content into the html editor in Isidore. The html editor is available in most tools (Announcements, Syllabus, Lessons, etc.).
- Flip into edit mode so that the html/WYSIWYG editor is visible.
- Click on the icon for the accessibility checker. It looks like a person with their arms outstretched in a circle:
- The accessibility checker will run and will pop up if any errors are discovered. It guides you in fixing some of the errors. One example may be a text box for you to enter alt text for an image. You can either click on "Quick Fix" or "Ignore". You need to address these errors in order for your content to be considered accessible.
- Ensure that you save your changes.
If you have any questions about the errors or how to make your content accessible, please contact the Office of E-Learning via (937) 229-5039 or email@example.com.