Create/Submit a video assignment
Note: In order to access Warpwire within an application, you must visit your instructor’s Warpwire media library first. Click on Warpwire Video in the left-hand menu bar to accomplish this.
Your instructor may set up assignments for you to complete and submit online. To work on an assignment:
- Navigate to the Assignments tool in your Isidore course site.
- Click the name of the assignment to open it.
- To work on the assignment, follow the instructions from your instructor.
- You will first see a text editor. Click on the Warpwire symbol (the W in the circle) on the right side of the editor to create a recording with Warpwire.
- Click Add Media in the pop-up to add a recording.
- Click Capture from webcam or camera on the new screen to make a new recording.
- Before beginning your recording you will be asked if Adobe Flash Player can have access to your camera and microphone. Click Allow.
- Make sure that the correct camera and microphone are selected. You can change which microphone and camera you use to record by selecting different options from the dropdown menus at the bottom of the pop-up.
- Click on the video camera (Record) button to start the recording.
- Click on the red square (Stop) button to stop the recording.
- Change the name of the recording to the title required by your instructor in the instructions. Click Save Recording.
- You'll see a "Queued" message while the video is uploading.
- Once the video is done uploading, click the round button at the far right of your recording to select it for submission. The circle will turn green when selected.
- Click Insert 1 item to add the recording to your submission.
- Your video should appear in the text editor. Before you submit your assignment you will have to write some text in the box. Your instructor should provide you with instructions as to what the text should say.
- When you have finished, click Proceed and Submit at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you’ve clicked submit you will be brought to a submission confirmation page that will provide you an overview of your assignment submission. Click Back to List to return to the Assignments home page.
Return to main Assignments page