Host a Zoom Meeting
A Zoom meeting must have a host to run successfully. Only instructors may host meetings within the Isidore integration, but anyone at UD can host meetings outside of Isidore. See the Add a Zoom Meeting article for more information
Below is Zoom's video overview of the host controls.
The host controls will appear at the bottom of your screen if you are not currently screen sharing. Please see Zoom's additional help documentation about each of these controls for more information.
- Mute/Unmute: This allows you to mute and unmute your microphone.
- Audio Controls (via the ^ arrow next to mute/unmute): The audio controls allow you to change the microphone and speaker that Zoom is currently using on your computer, leave computer audio, and access the full audio options in the Zoom settings.
- Start/Stop Video: This allows you to start and stop your own video.
- Video Controls (via the ^ arrow next to Start/Stop Video): If you have multiple cameras on your computer, you can select which Zoom is using, access the full video controls, and select a Virtual Background.
- Invite: Invite others to join your meeting. Read more about inviting participants.
- Manage Participants: This opens up the Participants window. Read more about managing participants.
- Share Screen: Click on this to start a screen share. You will be able to select the desktop or application you want to share. Learn more about screen sharing.
- Screen Share Controls (via the ^ next to Share Screen): Select who can share in your meeting and if you want only the host or any participant to be able to start a new share when someone is sharing.
- Chat: Access the chat window to chat with the participants. Read more about in-meeting chat.
- Record: Start or stop a cloud or local recording. Read more about local recording. Read more about cloud recording.
- Closed Caption: If you have enabled closed captioning for your account, click here to access the closed caption options. Read more about closed caption.
- Breakout Rooms: Start breakout rooms. Read more about breakout rooms.
- More: Clicking on More will give you access to additional options.
- End Meeting: This will end the meeting for all participants. If you want to have the meeting continue, you should give another participant host control before leaving the meeting.
Return to main Zoom page