Notifications is a feature that alerts students to assignments, announcements, and messages within Isidore. Instructors also receive notifications, but their alerts are limited to when a co-instructor sends announcements or when they receive a message. Students and instructors will only see messages for course sites in which they are a participant.
Currently, the only events that trigger notifications are listed below. The Office of E-Learning has plans to add more in the near future.
Notifications for Students
- A message or reply is received from the Messages tool
- An announcement is posted in the Announcements tool
- An assignment opens in the Assignments tool
- An assignment reminder 24 hours before the due date in the Assignments tool
- Assignment grade and feedback are returned in the Assignments tool
Notifications for Instructors
- An announcement is posted by a co-instructor in the Announcements tool
- A message or reply is sent to them from the Messages tool