Release Forums and Topics to Groups
Creating Discussion Groups
Before following the instructions below, please make sure that you've created groups in Site Info > Manage Groups. For step by step instructions, please see Manage groups. Once you've setup forum and topic permissions, you should not rename the groups, as this will break the permissions you've established.
Setting Forum Permissions for Groups
To release forums and/or topics to specific groups:
- Navigate to the Forums tool in your Isidore course site.
- Click New Forum or New Topic to create new a new forum or topic, or click Forum Settings or Topic Settings to modify an existing forum or topic.
- On the Forum Settings or Topic Settings page, expand the "Permissions" section.
- Next to the "Student" role, select None from the "Permission Level" drop-down menu.
- Next to the "Team" role, select Contributor from the "Permission Level" drop-down menu. Example: If this will be Team One's forum, then Team One should have contributor permissions, while the other teams should have none.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
Repeat these steps to setup other forums and topics for each group.
Return to main Forums page