Share a video
By default, videos are shared with all participants in a specific site. For example, if you've uploaded a video to your EDT 634 01 Isidore site, all EDT 634 01 students will be able to view the video, as well as anyone who shows up in the Site Info or Roster tools.
To change the default video permissions:
- Go into your Isidore course site.
- Click on the Warpwire Video tool.
- Locate the video you want to share.
- Click on the circle with the ellipsis (or 3 dots) next to the title of video.
- Select Share from the drop down menu.
- Underneath the link to the video you have a variety of options when sharing your video
- Checking the box next to Start at will allow you to begin the video wherever you want to in the video. Enter the time minutes:seconds in the box next to Start at.
- Checking the box next to Stop at will allow you to end the video wherever you want to in the video. Enter the time minutes:seconds in the box next to Stop at.
- Checking the box next to Autoplay means the video will begin immediately when students open the page the video is on.
- Checking the box next to Hide Share means the video display will not include a Share link to your users.
- Checking the box next to Hide Title means the video display will not include the title.
- Click on the Share with additional Users and Groups: menu and choose the permission level you prefer:
- Share with additional Users and Groups (Protected): - You can specify who has access to the videos.
- Share with all Dayton Username users (Institution): - You can specify that everyone who has a UD account can access the video.
- Share with everyone on the web (Public): - You can specify that anyone can access the video.
- At the bottom there is a search box that allows you to share with specific users or groups. Type a user or group's name and then select them from the list when they appear to share the video with them. Note: You can only share videos with users who have an official UD Username.
- You can use the "Share Link" button to highlight and copy the link (URL) to the video. Then you can paste the link into an email to share it with the individuals you specified in the previous steps.
Return to the main Warpwire Video page