The Summer website provides information about all courses offered during the summer at UD. It is designed to help students easily browse and search for summer classes. Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about this website.
NOTE: Courses on the 2U platform are not listed on this page.
FAQs for Instructors
How do I add or edit information about my class?
Some information on this website can be modified by instructors, and other information must be modified by the Registrar's Office.
The following fields can be modified by instructors:
- Why should someone take your course?
- How will this course operate?
- Technologies/Activities used in this course
- Instructor biography
- Course trailer or introductory video
To add or edit this information, follow the steps below:
- Login with your UD credentials at http://go.udayton.edu/summer.
- To edit course information, click on the My Courses button.
- You will see a list of the courses for which you are the instructor of record. Click on the Edit button next to the course you'd like to modify.
- If you do not see a course you are teaching, contact your administrative assistant, your Chair, or the Registrar's Office so they can make you the instructor of record for the class.
- Fill in or edit the fields for your class.
- Click Save.
- To edit your biographical information, click on the My Info button.
- Fill in or edit the fields.
- Click Save.
All other course information such as course description, meeting times, attributes, etc. can only be modified in Banner. Contact your administrative assistant, your Chair, or the Registrar's Office to learn more about changing the course details.
I don't see the course(s) I'm teaching. Where is it?
There are a few reasons you might not see your courses:
- The most likely reason is that you're not listed as the instructor of record for the course. Contact your administrative assistant, your Chair, or the Registrar's Office so they can make you the instructor of record for the class.
- Another reason could be that you're not the primary instructor for the course. For courses that are taught by multiple instructors, only the primary instructor can modify the course information.
- There are also some classes that are intentionally not displayed in the table. Early Launch Program courses and courses with a capacity of 0 might not display on this website.
FAQs for Students
How can I share classes?
You must first be logged in to share classes. Click on the Log In button in the top right corner to login with your UD credentials. Locate the Share button next to any class you'd like to share with others. Add the person's email address, write your message, and press Send.
How can I bookmark classes?
You must first be logged in to share classes. Click on the Log In button in the top right corner to login with your UD credentials. Locate the Bookmark button next to any class you'd like to add to your bookmarks. See your bookmarked courses by clicking on the My Courses button in the top right corner.
Return to the Main Page