From eLearning Wiki
We recommend testing your connection, webcam, and microphone before joining a live meeting.
- Navigate to the following web address: https://zoom.us/test
- Click on the Join button
- If this is your first time opening Zoom, follow the steps for [Install Zoom Client|installing the Zoom client]].
- If you see a pop-up asking to "Open Zoom Meetings", check the box for "Always open these types of links in the associated app", then click the Open Zoom Meetings button.
- The Zoom room will launch.
- The Zoom room will test your speakers and your microphone. Once those have been tested to be successful, you will be prompted to select your audio conference option. Choose your preference.
- From there, you can test out the Zoom host features. See Hosting a Zoom Meeting for more information about host features.
- Note: The Zoom test room will automatically close after about one minute of use.
Return to main Zoom page