The notifications feature is available from anywhere in Isidore once you're logged in. Look for the white bullhorn icon near the top of the screen. If you have new notifications, there will be a red number alert next to the white bell that shows you how many new notifications you have. If you don't have any new notifications or you've cleared all notifications, the red number alert will disappear. If you click on the bullhorn icon, all of your notifications will be displayed in the notifications drop-down menu. You may dismiss an individual notification by clicking on the "x" icon next to it or you can clear all notifications by clicking on the Clear All link near the bottom of the notifications list.
Please keep in mind that there is not a way to retrieve notifications once they're dismissed or cleared.
Currently, the only events that trigger notifications are listed below.
Notifications for Students
- A message or reply is received from the Messages tool
- An announcement is posted in the Announcements tool
- An assignment opens in the Assignments tool
- An assignment reminder 24 hours before the due date in the Assignments tool
- Assignment grade and feedback are returned in the Assignments tool
Notifications for Instructors
- An announcement is posted by a co-instructor in the Announcements tool
- A message or reply is sent to them from the Messages tool
Return to the main Notifications page